I started this experimental blog about 4 months ago and it is time for an evaluation. Well rather than focus on the negative , the errors , I prefer to look at it from a proactive perspective , what could be improved?
- Post regularly. Have set days for posts and follow through. If you fall off on this people lose interest. ( On a trial basis I will set the days Friday and Sunday, because I think more people read blogs on the weekend. I will pre-write them and set them to be posted automatically.)
- Set up categories in a logical, organized way. For example, I now have 3 very similar categories with only a few posts in each of them, environmental, vegetable garden and permaculture. This needs to be rethought and streamlined
- FOCUS. Right now this blog is all over the place….. mediocre pictures of nature, poems I like, stories about people, gardening , etc… too scattered. Not surprising because this is how my mind works , I am interested in many things. But I have to either find a way to present this better , or narrow the focus of this blog.
- Tag correctly. In this area I have to do a bit of research to find key search words. Not really ready to do this yet because there are other improvements that take priority over this.
- Overcome procrastination ( aka become disciplined) . I have lots of ideas of things to write about, but I don´t always get around to sitting down and posting, and sometimes for no good reason.
I am enjoying the process of the newbie blog, even though I am far from satisfied with the present state of it. But no problem, I am learning and there is no pressure involved.